“Insurance Policy” refers to the Deposit Insurance Policy which defines the coverage (and related terms) when an Insured uses the Services to purchase deposit insurance instead of the cash based property deposit.
“Services” are the proprietary software services that InsureStreet has developed to allow you to purchase a range of Insurance and Non-Insurance services, as part of your overall property rental experience, which may be used either through the Website or the Application.
In this Policy, a Website visitor or Services user may be referred to as “you”. When a user has created an account and is logged in, they may be referred to as a “Logged-in User”. When a Logged-in User has used the Services to purchase on-demand insurance, they may be referred to as an “Insured”.
“Website” is the website located at www.insurestreet.co which is owned and operated by InsureStreet, and includes all subdomains (including but not limited to https:// versions of the Website), present and future.
This policy (together with our Terms of Service [INSERT AS LINK TO TERMS] and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, in connection with the website www.insurestreet.co and/ or the mobile application known as ‘InsureStreet’ (together, the “Platform”) will be processed by us.
Please read this Policy carefully. By visiting the Website, using the Services on the Website, or downloading our and using our Application on your Device, you hereby accept to be bound by the terms of the Policy without any reservations, modifications, additions or deletions. If you do not agree to all the provisions contained in the Policy, you are not authorized to use the Website or Services. If you have downloaded the Application and do not agree to all the provisions of the Policy, you must delete the Application from your Device.
InsureStreet reserves the right to modify or replace any of the Policy. Any changes to the Policy can be found at this URL. If there are any changes to the Policy that materially affect the way we treat your information, you will be notified upon logging-in to the Services or via email. Your use of the Website and / or Application following your being notified any changes to the Policy constitutes acceptance of those changes.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Insurestreet Limited of Berners House / 47-48 Berners Street / London / W1T 3NF, United Kingdom (“InsureStreet”, “we”, “our” or “us”). Our ICO Registration Number is: ZA207155.
The Policy should be read in conjunction with the Terms of Service and the Insurance Policy (as applicable), as all these documents govern your use of the Website and / or Services.
If you have any questions about the Insurance or Non-Insurance based services or if you wish to inquire about and / or access any Personal Information InsureStreet holds about you, please contact:
(a) In writing
InsureStreet Customer Relations,
InsureStreet25 Moorgate, London EC2R 6AY
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(b) Phone – 0330 808 4740
General Statement of Privacy and Protection of Personal Information
InsureStreet takes your privacy and security of Personal Information very seriously. We have provided a secure environment and this strict Policy that describes the limited ways the information is used, and the limited access to such information.
PERSONAL DATA WE MAY COLLECT
We may collect and process the following personal data:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms and participating in interactive features on our Platform or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes (but is not limited to) information you provide when you register to use our Platform and create a Rent Passport (your digital property rental history), purchase insurance policies and make payments via the Platform, communicate with other users of the Platform (including real estate property agents, tenants and landlords), provide reviews or report a problem with our Platform. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, residential information, credit checks, CCJs, educational background, occupational information, insurance information (including coverage, payments and claim history), marital status, phone number, National Insurance number, passport number, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Platform we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Platform (including date and time); what you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We are working closely with third parties (including including insurers and real estate agents, consumer reporting agencies, social network, sub-contractors in technical, advertising networks and analytics provider) and may receive information about you from them.
USES MADE OF PERSONAL DATA
We use personal data held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (including the Terms of Service [INSERT AS LINK TO TERMS]) and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us, other users of the Platform or our business partners;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you, but only where we have your consent, as provided as part of the application process. If you do not want us to use your personal data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, do not tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your personal data;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to administer our Platform and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Platform, including to ensure that our services are relevant and competitive and that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Platform safe and secure; and
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
No Collection of Personal Information as a Matter of Course
InsureStreet does not, as a matter of course, gather any of your Personal Information while you are using the Website or Services, unless you are asked to provide such information, for example by signing up for an account. Personal Information is only gathered with your informed consent. Where you have provided Personal Information, it will only be used for the stated purpose, as detailed in our Terms of Service.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data with the following selected third parties:
- service providers, sub-contractors and business partners (including consumer reporting agencies, insurance agents, claims representatives, property agents and landlords) for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you (including the provision and management of insurance policies to you and processing/ management of bill and rent payments);
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the personal data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Platform.
We may also disclose your personal data to particular third parties in the following circumstances:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the Terms of Service [INSERT AS LINK TO TERMS] and any other documents referred to on it; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of InsureStreet, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Importantly, InsureStreet is not in the business of selling or commercialising your personal data with third parties for marketing purposes.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The personal data that we collect is stored by us on our secure servers located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), and is not transferred out of the EEA for processing.
Every component of the InsureStreet cloud based infrastructure, including compartmentalization, server assignment, data storage and processing, is focused on security and privacy. No one can view your information on Insure Street but you as the Account Owner, and any users you nominate. Everything you enter is encrypted and stored at data centers with bank level security, keeping it private and confidential no matter where you’re accessing it from.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We restrict access of your personal data to those employees of InsureStreet who have a business reason for knowing such personal data. We continuously educate and train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and privacy of personal data. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with the relevant laws and regulations to protect your personal data from any unauthorised access.
Unfortunately, the transmission of personal data via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our Platform; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
InsureStreet is committed to protecting your information from unauthorised access and disclosure. We have certain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in place that are designed to help protect the security and integrity of your information both during transmission and once it is received. To reduce the risk that your account may be compromised, we recommend the use of passwords greater than eight characters, and that include letters, numbers, and special characters, and that you regularly change your password to one that you have not used within the last year. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us at email@example.com.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your personal data) if we intend to use your personal data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your personal data to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your personal data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
We are required by UK Law to store insurance data for a minimum of 7 years. We do this on fully encrypted servers located within the EU.
- We hold all data on isolated networks only accessible to a very small number of named individuals and our system will log for review any sensitive data access
- Particularly sensitive data is isolated from other areas of our system – on a “need to know” basis.
- We transmit your data fully encrypted using TLS with perfect forward secrecy
- Our staff cannot see reasons for denial or interrogate your data
Security and Encryption of Information
InsureStreet uses standard industry practice (physical, electronic and procedural) to protect all data collected (including Personal Information). In addition, InsureStreet uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Website and the Services, and these third parties have been selected for their high standards of security, both electronic and physical. For example, InsureStreet uses industry leader Amazon Web Services to store data (including Personal Information) and to provide some of the necessary infrastructure to operate the Website and Services.
Where you are an Insured paying your Premium through the Services, all transaction data, including Billing Information, is transferred using encrypted Transport Layer Security (“TLS”), the standard for Internet transactions.
Payment Card Details
We don’t store your payment card details. Your card details don’t even see your systems. They are secretly sent to MangoPay (our payment partner) who are PCI Level 1 Service Provider – the most stringent level of certification available.
If we were to have a security breach (which we will do everything in our power to avoid), we will let customers know as soon as possible, we guarantee this will be within 72 hours. This gives us enough time to work out the full nature and extent of the vulnerability in order to fix the security breach and tell people exactly what happened.
Experian Rental exchange
Insure Street is a member of Experian’s Rental Exchange scheme. The Rental Exchange is a way to strengthen your credit report without you needing to take on new credit. The scheme enables us to share details about the rent you pay with Experian on a monthly basis. This is then included in your credit report, meaning you will then be recognised for paying your rent on time.
Not only will we be able to work with you more closely to manage your existing tenancy agreement, your track record as a tenant will enable Experian and InsureStreet to use the information supplied to assist other landlords and organisations to:
- Assess and manage any new tenancy agreements you may enter into;
- Assess your financial standing to provide you with suitable products and services;
- Manage any accounts that you may already hold, for example reviewing suitable products or adjusting your current product in light of your current circumstances;
- Contact you in relation to any accounts you may have and recovering debts that you may owe;
- Verify your identity and address to help them make decisions about services they offer; and
- Help prevent crime, fraud and money laundering.
We, and Experian, will ensure that your information is treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act so you can have peace of mind that it will be kept secure and confidential and your information will not be used for marketing purposes.
BLOG / FORUM
Our Platform offers publicly accessible blogs. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA
You have the right to access personal data held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the personal data we hold about you.
InsureStreet’s Rent Passport™ enables tenant on-boarding within minutes and covers KYC, AML, Watchlist, Credit check, CCJs, ID verification and more. Free for Landlords, Agents and Tenants. ”Know your Tenant” at your fingertips.
© 2017 Insurestreet.co
InsureStreet and Insure Street are trading names of InsureStreet Limited which is an appointed representative of Ambant Underwriting Services Limited (for general insurance intermediary business), a company authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 597301 to carry on insurance mediation activities. InsureStreet Limited is registered in England and Wales company number 10287920. Registered office at Jag Shaw Baker, 5th Floor Berners House, 47-48 Berners Street, London, W1T 3NF. InsureStreet policies are underwritten by Hiscox Underwriting Ltd on behalf of Hiscox Insurance Company Limited.